Saturday 9 January 2016

Why You Need Makeup Geek In Your Life! -09/01/16



"Makeup Geek showcases the work of talented Makeup Educator Marlena. Offering an array of rich and intensely-hued shades, this brand goes beyond everyday cosmetics to give you a new and powerful makeup experience. Create your custom palette from highly pigmented matte shadows, blushers that blend flawlessly onto the skin and innovative foil eyeshadow. Crafted from only the finest ingredients and never tested on animals, these cutting-edge formulas offer rich, long-lasting colour.” -

Hey there and welcome back! So over the Christmas holidays, I did a snapchat tutorial ( add us: SandS_blog) using Makeup Geek eyeshadows. I got a load of questions about them so I said I'd put all my information together in a blog post!

Makeup Geek is an American brand created by Marlena Stell. She worked as a music teacher who always had an interest in makeup. In 2008, she set up her Youtube channel and quit her job as a teacher. She then decided to start her own makeup brand, implementing what she thought was important when it came to makeup and her customers: high pigment,custom colours that retails at an affordable price. She was also annoyed that makeup brands like MAC would charge about €16.50 for an eyeshadow when it costs a lot less to make it.



So if you are a Youtube fanatic ( like myself!) and you watch the likes of Jaclyn Hill, Mannymua, Nikkie Tutorials etc you will probably have already heard about these amazing eyeshadows. I honestly can not praise these eyeshadows enough! They are the most highly pigmented eyeshadows I own. They blend seamlessly and I use them in every eye look I do. They are comparable to the Inglot eyeshadows but I slightly prefer these ones more! They are $5.99 each which is about €4.70 (depending on exchange rate!) which I think is amazing value! One dip of your brush into the pan is plenty. You're saving money as you're using a lot less which is why I didn't mind paying the shipping fee. 

I got my lovely 8 eyeshadows last February for my birthday and I still haven't hit pan on any of them which is crazy! These will last you a very long time and I promise will be a great addition to your collection, be it big or small :) 

They come singularly like the Inglot eyeshadows and they will fit into a Flexi Palette from Inglot, any empty MAC palette and of course any Z Palette which is what I like to use :)
There's a mix of Makeup Geek, MAC and Urban
Decay here! Great for on the go.

  • My favourites to use as a transition colour are Beaches and Cream and Crème Brulee combined. It allows the rest of your shadows to blend together and not look too harsh.
  • I love adding Cocoa Bear on the bottom lash like for a warm pop of colour without going too intense.
  • Bitten will add sass to any eye look! The red brick tones makes the other colours pop and looks great with any eye colour!
  • Corrupt is the blackest black on the market! A light hand will do with this beauty.
  • Duchess is great in the crease to liven up a plain brown smoky eye, looks great on green eyes!
  • Finally Sea Mist and Mermaid I think are great combined on the lid or on bottom lash line to have fun with an eye look. Looks amazing paired with an eyeliner flick!

There are also other beautiful products in this brand like blushes,foiled eyeshadows,pigments,sparklers,duo chrome eyeshadows, gel eyeliners and brushes but I haven't been able to get my hands on any of these, yet ;)

These eyeshadows are available on the Makeup Geek website here or on Beauty Bay.com, click here(Free shipping to Ireland on orders over €20-thank me later ;) )

So that's it for today everyone. Make sure to let us know if you made a Makeup Geek purchase on our snapchat,  we would love to hear from ye! Or if ye have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Stay sparkling,
Edel and Tess x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment