Monday 15 February 2016

Top Tips For False Tanning! 15/02/16

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay, just finished my pres and it was pretty hectic! But I've a week off now and I couldn't be happier :)

So I know tan can just be a painful experience for some but don't be afraid, I'm here to give you my top tips on how to turn you into a glowing, golden goddess! 

1.Shave
If you're shaving your legs or under your arms, try and do it the day before you apply your tan. I know this isn't always possible time wise but it will help the development of the tan, and some shaving creams can hinder the colour from developing too! 


2. Exfoliation 
This is definitely the most important step. This helps to get rid of any dead skin cells. It will prevent your tan becoming patchy. You will feel super soft after this and your tan will glid on! You can get fab body scrubs from Soap and Glory but my all time fave is definitely the Tough Stuff Scrub by Cocoa Brown! It's specifically for exfoliating prior to your tan and also for when you want to get your tan off after! It's it's bright pink, what's not to love?! 


3. Application 
I like to apply my Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan either the night before or the morning of. I apply it in soft,circular motions which helps  it spread more evenly. 
Now are you ready for my top tip? For areas like your neck,chest,hands,knees and ankles I do something a little different. I take an old large blending brush and pump some tan straight on, and buff it into the skin! It helps give a softer, more even look and allows you to be more precise! Thank me later ;)


4.Shower off
Unless it says otherwise, give your body a quick rinse. Make sure you don't use any shower gels or anything, just a two minute rinse to wash the guide colour off.  It will look like all your hard work is going down the drain(literally) but trust me!

5. Dry off 
Make sure to wear loose clothing that you don't mind to get slightly stained or smelly! Try not to exercise or anything, just relax. This is your time to chill after all your vigorous work! Fluffy pjs are always a must ;) 


6. Shimma Shimma 
This is optional but I love to add some Golden Goddess Dry Shimmering Oil to my décolletage and down my legs, to give a radiant, sun kissed glow! 

7.Makeup
Please make sure you have a foundation that matches your false tan! There is nothing worse than having a white face and a dark neck! The best time to find a foundation is while you're wearing your tan and you can easily see if it matches! 

So there we have it! Sorry again for the delay but I hope it was worth it! Have a fabulous week!

Make sure to add us on snapchat: SandS_blog, we have some surprises coming up over mid term!

Stay sparkling,
Edel and Tess x 

*we do not own the above images*

No comments:

Post a Comment