Friday 21 August 2015

All 'bout those brows!-22/08/15

Welcome to Sunflowers and Sparkles! 

Today I'll be talking about the brow products I like to use!

Firstly, I've never waxed,tweezed or touched my eyebrows! I'm blonde so my brow hairs are really really fair. They aren't full or out of shape so I never felt the need to. I do however like to fill in my eyebrows. As they are so fair they're barely noticable! So I like to fill them in to give them depth and shape, just my personal choice really :) Some people are blessed with thicker eyebrows and don't have to use as much product as I do. 

Thicker brows are in at the moment and all I can say is thank god! The days of over plucking is over! 

Brows really help shape the face and it is important to maintain them, whatever your age! Try and find the shape that will suit you 'cause everyone is different of course :)

Gel products 
 
I like to use Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade. It is a gel so it's thicker than powder. It's really important to use a light hand with this product! It's great for carving out the perfect shape and length for your brows but if you put the product on too heavily it might look a bit harsh! Light strokes and the right angled brush and you'll be on your way to beautiful brows! 

I use the shade 'Taupe' :)

You can buy it here: http://goo.gl/XH5Ccu

One similar to this and my shade is the MAC Fluidline Eyeliner in 'Dipdown'. This is another favourite I just haven't tried it yet! You can buy it here:


Pencils

I love the Benefit Instant Brow pencil. I used this all the time before I got the brow pomade by ABH. I still use this when I'm in a rush (and need to look semi respectable i.e appear like I have eyebrows). It's quick,easy and fool proof! It has a spooly at the end for combing out your brows which I'd really recommend having. This helps to blend the product through the brows. I'd recommend this if you're new to the brow scene and you can buy it here:

I use the shade 'light'.


Brow kits

I love both the ELF Brow Kit and the Benefit Brow Zings.These each have a wax and a powder. I would start off with using the wax the shape out the brows and the powder to set them and make them look more natural. I like to use an angled brush for these too! I spoke about ELF in a previous blog post. 

Benefit:

ELF:

Eyebrow mascara

I used to use the Benefit Gimme Brow but I ran out of it. I then discovered the Catrice Eyebrow Filler-Perfecting and Shaping Gel. This stuff is just FAB! It has a bigger wand than the Benefit one and I feel has a better colour payoff. It cost me €3.99, it is great value!

You can buy it here:http://goo.gl/87ErJt
 

I normally use the ABH pomade and then set with this and it is the ultimate combo!  
I also have the Catrice clear mascara which I also love! 

That's it for today everyone! Let me know what your fave brow products are or if you have used any of these. 

It would mean so much to both of us if you could keep sharing and inviting people to like the blog! We are so incredibly close to the giveaway and trust us, it's a good one! 

Thanks so much for reading!

Stay sparkling,
Edel and Tess x 


No comments:

Post a Comment