Tuesday 27 October 2015

Halloween Makeup Looks! 28/10/15


Hey everyone and welcome back! So I'd imagine some of you may be stuck for a Halloween outfit for Saturday. In my eyes the way to go is doing a really cool grim or detailed makeup look and basing your outfit around that! It makes it a lot easier for yourself and of course saves you a bit of bob too!


I've one look that I have done myself and I have loads of lovely links of some amazing YouTubers who have created some fab looks!

Let's get right into it!

Now this first look might look a bit daunting but it is actually so simple to achieve! Pair this look with some cat ears that are available in Penneys now for €3 and a black jumpsuit or black two piece and you're good to go!

Eyes
I started off with the eyes as it was a bit more technical than the face. This way you can be as messy as you like and you can just clean up underneath your eyes with a wipe.

•I began by priming my eye with MAC's 'soft ochre' paint pot.  

•Then I used a pale cream shade all over the lid. The technique I used is called a 'cut crease'. This basically means you put your transition shade in your crease but instead of bringing it down towards your eyelashes, you bring it up towards your brow and out. I know that sounds complicated but it's really not :) 




•So I took a red brick brown colour on an angled brush and used that technique. I used 'cocoa bear' by Makeup Geek. I blended this out and went in again with a more peach tone to blend that out.

I then went in with a foiled eye shadow from Makeup Geek called "whimsical" in the inner corner.

• I then did a really sharp wing and brought it right in to my inner corner to create a cat eye effect. 

• I brought the same red brick colour down along my nose diagonally and underneath the bottom lashes

• I used the NYX Jumbo Eyeliner in Milk in the waterline.

•Added some masara and same brow routine!




Face
• I used Nivea for men sensitive post shave balm as a primer. This stuff is just amazing! I've been using this as a primer for weeks now and I've really noticed a difference in my makeup a longevity.  It has glycerin in it so it basically sticks to your face 

• I followed up with the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint foundation. This is lovely and dewy.

• I highlighted using Maybelline Age Rewind concealer. I put this in a triangle shape underneath my eye and up above my cheekbones. I contoured with the Seventeen Instant Glow cream bronzer. I really wanted a structured face for this look. I went over my cheekbones with 'Horizon' highlighter from Topshop. 

Nose
I grabbed any black eyeliner and filled in the front portion of my nose. I drew a line down towards my lip. I didn't want to use the eyeliner on my lip cause I find it quite drying so on my top lip I used a NYX soft matte lipstick in 'Copenhagen' and went over that lightly with black eyeshadow. 

You On my bottom lip I used MAC's 'myth'. Finish off with some whisker dots above your lip and your look is complete! :)
This look was inspired Desi Perkins who is an amazing youtuber!
https://goo.gl/uidm8d

Now for some of my favourite creations from YouTube!

1. Alex Faction
This guy is so incredibly talented! He is doing a Halloween tutorial everyday for the month of October. Every single one of his creations are so unique and detailed. I will warn you his looks are kinda complex and are more for those who like a challenge. You can definitely take elements from his look and chop and change it to suit you! Make sure to check out his videos: 



https://goo.gl/gKYA4Z

2. Shaaanxo
This lovely lady is a kiwi that I have been following for years. I love these looks she has created.


https://goo.gl/XVvwby

3. Laura Dempsey
This Irish beaut created this fabulous look! Make sure to like her page on Facebook page too!
Facebook: https://goo.gl/AsL35A


https://goo.gl/00qAW7


4. Nikkie Tutorials
There is nothing this amazing lady can't do! 
https://goo.gl/eRBn0C
5. Nicole Guerriero
She has loads of easy and more difficult Halloween in the playlist linked below! :)

https://goo.gl/jKSXMq

That's a wrap everyone! Hope you enjoyed this post. Do let us know what you are going as for Halloween and if this post was helpful.

I  hope you've a fab,safe halloween night!

Add us on Snapchat : SandS_blog

Stay sparkling,
Edel and Tess x 

No comments:

Post a Comment