Wednesday 27 May 2015

May Favourites! 27/05/2015

Hey everyone and welcome back! Hard to believe it's been nearly a month since our April favourites! Hope everyone is having a nice week so far, not too long for some for the summer hols! We'll jump straight in anyways and here's our May favourites :)

1.Penney's homewear
Oh my goodness me, could it get any better than this? Penneys have really upped their game with regards to their homewear. Printed canvases, pillows, scented candles, throws and little decorations that are perfect for any woman's bedroom! All retail and a very reasonable price which is always fab to hear!





2. NYX illuminator in "Gleam"
Picked this one up on a whim, and I'd seen a review of it on Pinterest so I said why not! Quite pink in tone and that is why I use it as a blush rather than a highlight! I apply it with the Real Techniques Stippling brush and it works like a dream! Gives a lovely healthy glow to the skin and isn't too much. Love it!



3.Yankee Candle-Fireside Treats
Yankee Candles are my all time favourites! One of my favourite things to do is to go into the shop and smell all the beautiful scents. The jar I'm burning at the moment which I've been loving since before Christmas is Fireside Treats. It smells like melted marshmallows but it isn't too overpowering. It is just the right amount of sweetness and leaves a fab smell in my room after I've blown it out. Been burning it a lot more this month so that's why it's featured! Other favourites of ours include Clean Cotton, Black Cherry and Pink Dragonfruit :)



4.Benefit Moisture Prep toning lotion
During the January sales, I bought the small versions of the Benefit skin care range to test them out 'cause I'd heard lovely things about them. I fell in love with all of them of course but at about €30 a pop, I had to be rootless. I got the full version of the Moisture Prep 'cause I think I loved that the most. What it does is it prepares your skin before you out on your moisturiser. It's meant to make it work better. It's great to wake up the face in the morning and has a fab clean smell. Bit on the steep side at €32.50 but you don't need that much, about a euro coin size. Also I think it's well worth it!




5.Disney piano album
I'm a sucker for listening piano music. I find it so relaxing and nice to listen too. I discovered this album and fell in love! Combining two of my favourites things was a match made in heaven! My favourite has to be Colors of the Wind-Pochahontas. The whole album is on YouTube and this particular song can be found at 24.31.


6. Tesco stationary
Who doesn't love pretty stationary?! If you know me well you know that I'm obsessed with nice pens and pretty copies. Tesco really impressed me this month. I would normally buy my folders there (you might have seen me around school with my elephant folder-my favourite ever!). I'm off to the Gaeltacht the 1st of June so I was on the lookout for nice copies. Lone behold I came out with what's in the picture! Of course I had to get doodling markers ;) They're nearly too pretty to use :)



7. Bell Ami 6 in 1 Curler
With it being Communion/ Confirmation/ Wedding season, I used my curler a lot this month. Got this beauty for my birthday and haven't looked back since! It's available on www.bellamihair.com. If you enter the code "160off6in1" when you're purchasing it, you get $160 off! They are based in America so do allow time for it to get to you. Make sure if you're buying it you get the one that says 'designed for Ireland and U.K'. This just means you'll get the right plug type. It comes with 6 different barrel sizes.It goes up 230 degrees C and the temperature is adjustable. It comes with a heat protection glove too! More info on the website, love this curler!



8.Rimmel Sunshimmer Self Tan mousse
Again with the month it's been I've been false tanning a lot more. Picked this up in Penneys just to try it and I love it! It doesn't really have a bad smell and it glides on really well. I got the matte one in light. Make sure you exfoliate properly before. I'd put mine on before bed, let it develop over night and then wash off the guide colour in the morning.



9. Sally Hansen ''Miracle Gel'' nail varnish. This one is an absolute beauty and comes in a huge variety of colours. My personal favourite is ''All Chalked Up''. People will be sure to ask you if you got your nails professionally done!



10. Favourite quote
Be adventurous this summer!




There we have it lovelies, our May favourites! Hard to believe May is nearly finished :o Hope everyone is doing well in their tests and of course, best of luck those doing exams! If ye need a study break, make sure ye visit the blog ;)


Stay sparkling!
Edel and Tess x

No comments:

Post a Comment